4TH KYIV INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION
Date: 24. October - 1 November 2020 г.
Senior: 18 - 32 on 24.10.20
Junior: 13 - 17 on 24.10.20
Held since: 2017 г.
Senior: I - 6000 €
II - 3000 €
III - 1.500 €
Junior: I - 1000 €
II - 750 €
III - 500 €
IV - 250 €
V - 250 €
VI - 250 €
Applications are accepted until: 15. September 2020
Click to download the
Senior Application form:
Junior Application form:
How to send the application:
1) Please fill the application and send on e-mail:
for Senior group: firstname.lastname@example.org
for Junior group:
2) Pleasе fill the application in English language in "Word" document.
3) Please attach the following documents in the same letter: copy (or good quality photo) of the main page of your passport or ID card, short musical biography, high quality photo.
4) The payment details the organizing team will send you after the check of the application.
Fee: 100 euro
PRELIMINARY ROUND: solo. *The maximum duration of the preliminary round is 25 minutes.
1) Prelude and Fugue from a Well-Tempered Clavier by J. S. Bach (1st or 2nd Book)
2) First movement of a Sonata by J. Haydn, L.v. Beethoven or W. A. Mozart
3) Two virtuous etudes by F. Chopin, F. Liszt, S. Rachmaninov, A. Scriabin or Cl. Debussy
SEMI-FINAL ROUND: solo. *The maximum duration of the preliminary round is 45 minutes.
1) One or several works by F. Chopin, R. Schumann, F. Schubert, F. Liszt, J. Brahms, Cl. Debussy or M. Ravel
2) A piece composed between 1900 and 1949
3) Ukranian piece
4) Rest free
FINAL ROUND: with orchestra
A Concert for Piano and Orchestra chosen among the following ones:
W.A. Mozart: Concerto KV 466; KV 467; KV 488; KV 491
L.v. Beethoven: Any of 5 Concertos
F. Mendelssohn: Piano Concerto No.1
F. Chopin: 1st or 2nd Concerto
R. Schumann: Concerto a-minor, Op.54
F. Liszt: 1st Piano Concerto
J. Brahms: 1st or 2nd Concerto
C. Saint-Saens: 2nd Concerto
P. Tchaikovsky: 1st Piano Concerto
M. Ravel: Concerto G-Major
S. Rachmaninov: 1st (2nd edition), 2nd, 3rd Concerto; Rhapsody on a Paganini’s Theme
S. Prokofiev: 1st, 2nd or 3rd Concerto
Only 1 round
Free program max. 20 min., including 1 virtuos etude
Jury: will be announced later